Are You Ready?

 Welcome Back!

College Football is only 9 weeks away- just 64 days until the 1st games on Aug 24! That means the college football preview magazines are all out, and I've been hard at work assembling data and researching the upcoming season for my previews. Here is what you can expect from me, and when you can expect it.

Beginning on Monday, July 15, I will do my individual team previews. I will basically do 10 teams a day (after doing 12 a day for the 1st 2 days- 134 doesn't divide by 10 evenly...) for 2+ weeks, and then 5 a day for the last 4 days (my Top 20). These will take you through August 2. These will be presented in reverse order (from #134 to #1) according to my own preseason Power Rankings. 

On August 5, I'll start my conference previews, which will take 2 weeks. 9 1/2 conferences plus Independents equals 10 days. 

That takes us all the way to Game Week! Well, sort of. There are only a handful of games on Aug 24, which has the incredibly dumb name of Week Zero. That week I will present my Playoff Picks, my Power Rankings (all in one place), my coaches' Hot Seat Ratings, and then my picks for all of the games happening that weekend.

On a personal note, during this season, I may have to pare back on my posts, as I will be working full-time for the 1st time in 7 years (I've been retired and working part time since 2017). For the past 5 years, I've been posting 4 times a week during the season. That may just be a bit much- I'll have to see if I can find the time. One way I may cut down on the time spent is by reducing my TWIF Notes (on Mondays) to just reviewing a few of the top games, rather than every game. I may also reduce the amount of stats I present in My Odds and Ends on Wednesdays. I'll just have to see how it goes. At any rate, I strive to present you with facts and opinions you won't see elsewhere.

Anyway, I'm excited for this new era of the expanded playoffs, and believe it will make the regular season more exciting, and will keep more teams (and fans) engaged longer than in the past.

Until next time, may you and your loved ones be blessed!

Comments

  1. Gators will be better this year! At least 7 wins, despite the toughest schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You and that i have a nifty offer: Where To Start Renovating House updating exterior of home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts

It's Almost Time!

More Struggles