2026 College Football Preview Part XXV- SEC
Welcome Back!
Today I conclude my conference previews. These previews will attempt to predict how each conference finishes, but realize that doing so is extremely difficult, especially since no conference has a balanced schedule. Also, whatever the conferences come up with in the form of tiebreakers will make a huge difference, as all but the Sun Belt have done away with divisions. In addition, these predictions aren't my personal opinion; they are the result of the formula/model/statistical analysis/whatever. I will sometimes mention my thoughts in the narratives below the predictions. Also, the formula for my predictions here is different than for my Power Rankings. In other words, for a particular conference, one team may appear higher than another team here, but be ranked behind that same team in the PR.
The list of records for 3-years, 6-years, and 10 years are conference records only, and do not include any results for the conference championship games. You will notice that the teams haven't all played the same number of games, especially when considering they should have. This is because that teams played a varied number of games in 2020, and that sometimes games get cancelled (see Virginia in 2022, for example). In the case of teams switching conferences, I counted the record from their previous conference. Independent teams joining a conference were counted with their full record (UMass last year), but FCS teams moving up enter with 0-0 records.
In case you are interested, I get all of my information from various sources. I use the 4 main preview magazines (Phil Steele, Lindy's, Athlon, and Sporting News), but I also use many different websites, including (but not limited to): Google, Winsipedia, sports-reference.com, ESPN.com, TeamRankings.com, NCAA.com, and, of course, individual school websites.
I don't have a staff- it's just me- so all of the research is my own from these various sources (it doesn't help when they contradict each other...), so any mistakes are mine. I also don't have an editor/proofreader, so you are likely to find several (many? I hope not) typos, such as commas where periods should be (or vice versa), a misspelled or missing word, doubled words ("the the" in the middle of a sentence, for example), etc.
Finally, feel free to leave a comment. Interacting is much of the fun! Of course, if you know me personally, feel free to just text. I'll get that a lot quicker.
So, on with the previews!
SEC
3-Year History
Georgia 21-3/.875/1st
Texas 21-4/.840/2nd
Alabama 20-4/.833/3rd
Ole Miss 18-6/.750/4th
Texas A&M 16-8/.667/5th
Missouri 15-9/.625/6th
Oklahoma 15-10/.600/7th
LSU 14-10/.583/8th
Tennessee 14-10/.583/8th
South Carolina 9-15/.375/10th
Florida 9-15/.375/10th
Vanderbilt 9-15/.375/10th
Kentucky 6-18/.250/13th
Auburn 6-18/.250/13th
Arkansas 4-20/.167/15th
Mississippi St 2-22/.083/16th
6-Year History
Georgia 44-5/.898/1st
Alabama 43-7/.860/2nd
Texas 35-16/.686/3rd
Ole Miss 32-17/.653/4th
TAMU 30-19/.612/5th
Okla 31-20/.608/6th
LSU 28-22/.560/7th
Tenn 27-23/.540/8th
Missouri 26-24/.520/9th
Florida 22-28/.440/10th
SC 18-32/.360/11th
Kentucky 18-32/.360/11th
Auburn 17-33/.340/13th
Ark 14-36/.280/14th
Miss St 13-37/.260/15th
Vandy 11-38/.224/16th
10-Year History
Alabama 72-10/.878/1st
Georgia 69-12/.852/2nd
Okla 64-23/.736/3rd
LSU 52-30/.634/4th
Texas 55-32/.632/5th
TAMU 47-34/.580/6th
Florida 42-40/.512/7th
Ole Miss 40-41/.494/8th
Missouri 39-43/.476/9th
Tenn 38-44/.463/10th
Auburn 37-45/.451/11th
Kentucky 34-48/.415/12th
SC 33-49/.402/13th
Miss St 27-55/.329/14th
Vandy 19-62/.235/15th
Ark 18-64/.220/16th
Predicted Finish:
Georgia
Texas
Ole Miss
Alabama
Texas A&M
Oklahoma
LSU
Tennessee
Missouri
Florida
South Carolina
Vanderbilt
Auburn
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Arkansas
Conference Champion: Georgia
Chances to make the playoff: Guaranteed. The SEC has had a participant in each CFP, and sometimes even had 2, even when it was a 4-team affair. And with the expanded 12-team CFP, I expect anywhere from 3-5 teams to make it in. Expect there to be a fierce battle to get into the SEC CG, possibly decided by tiebreakers.
Don’t be surprised if… Vandy drops back to near the bottom of the conference standings. They’ve got one of the toughest schedules in the SEC, and repeating last year’s success with a freshman QB is a tall task.
I’m not convinced… Ole Miss will finish in the top 4. I think they end up somewhere in the middle, from 7th to 10th place..
Make sure you come back Monday as I begin my regular season blog schedule!
Until next time, may you and your loved ones be blessed!
Comments
Post a Comment